Reset WordPress password is very essential when you forget it or your site got hacked. Because most of hackers change the username and change the password. Sometimes they delete the default admin account and inject script on theme file to disable forgot password option. So then you do not have the access to login your website or change your password. But I think if you have the cpanel access then you can easily change your admin account password. Lets see how to do this.
Reset WordPress Password
- At first login to your cpanel account and open public_html directory. Here you will find WordPress website file directory.
- Now open and enter to WordPress directory and open wp-config.php file. In this file you will see a code like this: define(‘DB_NAME’, ‘database_name’); and here you will find your database name.
- Now again come back to cPanel homepage and from the Database section click on phpMyadmin. After sometime you will be redirected to phpMyadmin panel.
- Now select your database here and find Database>wp_users>username. Here you will see your site’s present login credentials. If someone add a new user you will see it also here.
- Now click on edit button of admin account, now you will see all kind of information about the admin account.
- Now the time to change your password. But WordPress does not store password in plain text. It use MD5 format to store password. So we have to encrypt our password to MD5 to reset WordPress password. But don’t worry there is no big deal to do it. Type your password in plain text in password field and just left of the password field you will see a drop down field. Click on the drop down field and select MD5 from there. So it will automatically format your plain text to MD5 when you will click on the GO button at the bottom.
Now you have Reset WordPress Password. So now you can login to your WordPress site and enjoy. Hope it will help you so much and if you have any problem about any step do not forget to comment I will assist you as soon as possible.